PATIENT PRE-SURGERY CHECKLIST
The following checklist will help you better prepare for your surgical procedure so that your recovery goes as smoothly as possible.
- Let your employer know that you are scheduled to have surgery.
- Call our Outpatient Therapy Department at (270) 441-4901 before surgery so that you can schedule your first session the week after surgery.
- Make your home as comfortable as possible before surgery.
- Arrange transportation to and from our surgery unit ahead of time.
- Have a friend or loved one available to help you the first 2-3 weeks after surgery since your pain level may limit your ability to do simple tasks.
- Do not take anti-inflammatory medication (Advil, Aspirin, Ibuprofen, Aleve, Motrin), herbal remedies or high doses of vitamin E one week prior your surgery. You may take Tylenol.
- Do not eat or drink after midnight before your procedure.
- On the morning of your surgery, call our surgery unit to confirm your scheduled procedure and expected arrival time.
- Wear comfortable, loose fitting clothes and leave all jewelry at home.